Jump to navigation Jump to search
A list of possible diagnoses for a patient's illness.
* select Differential diagnosis from the Miscellaneous Tools menu on the left.
- this module identifies diseases, syndromes & adverse drug effects from signs & symptoms
- for differential diagnosis of/from a disease or syndrome, choose the Differential diagnosis: section of the disease or syndrome from the Contents box.
- free online symptom checkers list the correct diagnosis 1st 34% of the time
- correct diagnosis listed within the 1st 20 potential diagnoses 58% of the time
- appropriate triage advice given in 57% of cases
More specific terms
- common cold vs influenza vs Covid-19
- differential diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- differential diagnosis of anthrax
- differential diagnosis of cognitive impairment
- differential diagnosis of coma
- differential diagnosis of lesions on skin of color
- differential diagnosis of regional lymphadenopathy & acute encephalitis
- differential diagnosis of skin lesions by body region
- differential diagnosis types of dementia
- Semigran HL et al Evaluation of symptom checkers for self diagnosis and triage: audit study. BMJ 2015;351:h3480 <PubMed> PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26157077 <Internet> http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3480
Wyatt JC Fifty million people use computerised self triage. BMJ 2015;351:h3727 <PubMed> PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26156750 <Internet> http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3727
- general differential diagnosis applications
Wikipedia: VisualDx https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisualDx
- aaushi.org http://aaushi.org/